Monday, January 26, 2009

Trying Today

Today was a busy one. I managed to meet a lot of my goals and get a lot of things done.

I woke up and made my husbands lunch. While I made his lunch, he renewed my Flickr account. When he was safely off to work, I did some free-writing. I also edited and tweaked some recently written work.

I took a shower and headed out on errands.

First stop, school where I went to the bookstore to see what books I need for the semester. It was a mob scene with a ridiculous line wrapping around the store. I saw the books I need for my literature class and wrote down titles so I could try and pick them up cheaper on Amazon. I had no desire to wait in line at the book store.

Then I stopped by the Continuing Ed. office for some information on the summer Writer's Conference which I plan to apply to.

Done at school, my plan was to go to Burlington, MA (about a 20 minute ride) to do all of my errands in a pretty contained area. On my way there I realized that I had forgotten the books and the dress I needed to return. Change of plans.

Quick thinking, I hopped off the highway in Waltham where we used to live. It is just a town over from where we live now. I stopped at CVS and Petco to get those errands done. Then I stopped at home for the dress I needed to return and continued on to the Old Navy at Arsenal Mall in Watertown. I'll go to Burlington to return the books and pick up the crafting items I need at Michaels on Friday.

At home I put away the dishes in the drying rack, sliced and baked sweet potatoes, boiled the remaining sweet potatoes for mashing, and cooked sausage for my husband. I ran the dishwasher, put away the dishes that were in the drying rack, and washed the dishes I had created. I neatened up the odds and ends left in the living room from my morning writing extravaganza.

I talked to my sister-in-law to set up a Wednesday night dinner and cupcake date, left a voice mail message for my brother, and talked to my mom. I left a voice mail message for my friend Irma to see if she would like to meet up with me on Friday while I am on errands in Burlington since she lives nearby.

Husband came home. We had dinner.

I looked at buying school books on Amazon. Surprisingly more expensive than the school bookstore. I will go early to class on Wednesday to pick up the books.

The dishwasher finished and I put the dishes away and loaded up the dinner dishes.

Then it was quick Wii Fit workout and blogging fun.

Phew. This blog is already boosting my productivity big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment