Sunday, January 25, 2009

Progress

Slow start this morning, but once I was awake I was off and running.

Up at 11 a.m.

10 minute shower.

15 minutes to dress, gather things, and get out the door.

The husband and I had tickets to the 1:00 Boston Celtics game. We live not far from the city, but we still had to drive to a local parking lot, catch the bus, and transfer to the subway (red line to green line) riding two different trains before arriving at the T.D. BankNorth Garden. Celtics crushed the Mavericks!

After the game we had a late lunch/early dinner at Grezzo, an amazing organic vegan raw food restaurant in Boston's North End and just a seven minute walk from the Celtics game. It was an incredible meal. Even my omnivore husband said so. The staff were warm, welcoming, and eager to answer questions about the food and how it is prepared. The atmosphere is soothing, too. Usually we talk to each other nearly non-stop at meals, but the layers of flavor were intoxicating. We just silently savored each morsel. No doubt, we will be going back.

When we returned home I headed out to do the grocery shopping.

An hour later I was home and doing dishes, washing the stove top, and folding and putting away the laundry.

Settling in on the couch is one of my favorite things. I brought my pen and stationary with me, though, and prepared M's postcard and the Luistro's thank you note for mailing tomorrow.

Now I am off to write poetry and read a bit of Ophelia Speaks before bed.

I think this constitutes a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment